Subject: Re: Amiga <-> NT Filesharing Success!
From: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 20:59:56 -0500

>> Does anyone know of a way to simulate ethernet on a null-modem cable? 
>> It  would be considerably cheaper than ethernet, and I assume the high 
>> baud of the null modem should suffice.  Any ideas anyone?  Thnx.
>
>It would be considerably slower too!  The Amiga serial port tops out at 
>about 32,150bps...ethernet has an overall network speed of about 
>10,000,000bps!  
>
>As someone who struggled with a jury-rigged parnet and null-modem network 
>for years, I can assure you that once you get a taste of a real ethernet 
>network, you'll wonder how you ever got by without it before!

Well, I have 2 PCs, that was my original idea.  The ports can go up to 115,200
or so(that is what my comm program says while transfering files :>).  The only
time it would be slow was when loading the file right?  I still would like to
try it out though.

I do have a real ethernet at work, and it does "scream".  :)

- Jason Zisk